- 1/2 cup of millet flour
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 2-3 fresh figs
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
For caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 tablespoon of pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 355 F (180 C).
- Mix all wet ingredients together ( coconut oil, eggs).
- Stiff baking soda, millet and buckwheat flour in a separate bowl, add sugar to them and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix together.
- Pour batter into 8inch. greased pan.
- Cut fresh figs in halves and arrange into the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown or toothpick comes out clean.
- In a pan add coconut sugar and water, mix together and bring to the boil.
- Heat the coconut milk and add gradually to the sugar. Start with the center and mix well until well combined.
- Heat mixture until the caramel will thicken.
- Remove from the heat, add salt, mix and pour into the top of the baked cake.